Configuring Standard Comissions
Commission plan details in Rev.io are assigned at either the agent or service/line level. Commissions are calculated each day at
Commission plans can be made up of 1 or many details. For
A commission can be paid on a monthly basis or as a
Commission Plan Details
Commission plan details can be very generic or very specific. In the examples above, the generic rule would be 5% across the board payment on all items. The more specific rule would be to pay a different percentage
Commission Payment Type
Rev.io supports paying commissions on revenue, per line or through the cost difference between the customer rates and cost field that is maintained on the product.
Products and product types support commissionable or non-commissionable flags. By
Commission plans can be added at the agent level or the customer level. If setting commission plans at the agent level, the user will need to update the agent's profile once the plan is completed to apply to an agent. See the Agent Management section of the user's guide.
- To create a commission plan go to Agents > Commission Plans.
- Click Create New.
- Name the plan and then click Add New Detail.
- Select the details from the New Commission Plan Detail screen.
- Description - This is the name of the plan detail.
- Apply to - The detail can apply to either the assigned agent or a parent or grandparent agent in the assigned agent's hierarchy.
- Effective Dates - These fields create a date range for when the detail will begin and expire.
- Skip Cycles - Use to skip a residual or monthly payment to an agent for a certain period of months after activation. Usually used when a Bounty or Spiff is paid up front. This field only shows when the Event field is set to Monthly on the Plan Detail.
- Event - Select Bounty for a
one timepayment or Monthly to create a residual.
- Type - Payouts can be triggered on either a Payment to a customer's account or Statement creation.
- Line Type - Select a choice from this drop down field if the rule should be specifically based on the type of line.
- State - Apply rule to a specific service address state.
- Carrier - Apply a rule to a specific carrier.
- Package - Apply a rule to a specific package only.
- Product - Apply a rule to a specific product.
- Product Type - Apply a rule to a group of products.
- Contract Length - Use this field to create different commission rules based on the length of a contract.
- Clawback Grace - Use this field to define the grace period for payment clawback rules should a customer terminate the service before a certain period of time elapses.
- Payout Type - Choose from payments based on Revenue, Cost Difference, Default (Bounty Payments) and payouts per Line.
- Rate - Choose a percentage or flat rate payout.
6. Once complete click Save to create or update the plan.
Many commission plans contain multiple details. Let's create a plan that pays 10% on all revenue each month based on the customer paying in full and pays a one time $100 bounty on all POTS lines. The agent assigned to the account is the only person getting a commission. This plan will need