Carriers are used in Rev.io to identify the underlying carrier or provider of a service. Identifying a Carrier on a customer and its associated products will allow the user to create orders that can be sent directly to the carrier/service providers or switches in some instances. In other cases, the Carrier just let’s the Rev.io user know who is providing the service.
Setting up a Carrier for electronic provisioning with a service provider or switch will require assistance from an Rev.io account manager or the implementations team. Setting up a Carrier that can be used for non-electronic provisioning or future electronic provisioning is simple and can be completed using the instructions below.
Go to Settings > Carriers and complete the following steps.
- Click the New button.
- On the General Information tab complete the Description field by inserting the name of the Carrier.
- The Account and the QAccount/BAN fields are not required for non-provisioning carriers but may be necessary for electronic provisioning. An internal carrier administrator or the carrier account manager can probably provide this information.
- Custom fields 1-4 and Legacy Code are not required. Rev.io will provide additional instructions if these fields need to be used in the future.
- Order Index will order the carrier selection in the carrier drop down menus used in Rev.io.
- The Profile field is required for electronic provisioning only. Rev.io will populate the options that appear in this field.
- At the bottom of the General Information tab, select the Carrier Code for the carrier created (required for electronic provisioning) or select the Inhouse option if no match is found or the carrier will not be used for electronic provisioning.
- The Default Bill Profile is optional but can be used to specify the Bill Profile on the Customer Profile page in the New Order and Change Order Wizards.
- Next select the Other Options tab and select the following check boxes as illustrated in the screen shot below. These selections serve as a good baseline for the initial setup of a carrier. Other functionality can be added if electronically provisioning. See the table below the screen shot for additional information about the other settings.
The options selected will allow the user to add a line to an account, utilize processes and manually complete the line for billing on the customer’s account. If the Carrier is configured at a later date for electronic provisioning, additional selections will be added by an implementation or account manager.
|Can Use Conversion Orders||Allows the user to select from New Order or Conversion Order when creating a new account or line for the customer.|
|Can Cancel||Allows the user to cancel an order on this carrier.|
Allows the user to create a deny/suspend order on a service/line with this carrier.
Allows the user to create a disconnect order on a service/line with this carrier.
|Can LD Block||Allows the user to create an LD Block order on a service/line with this carrier.|
|Can Lookup CSR||Allows the user to pull a CSR for the customer if electronic connectivity is in place with this carrier.|
|Can Restore||Allows the user to issue a restore order for a service/line on this carrier if the customer's service was previously denied or suspended.|
|Can Send||Allows the user to send this order to the carrier.|
|Can Auto Complete on Flow-Through||Allows the order to auto-complete when electronically provisioning.|
|Can Transfer||Allows the user to create a transfer order for a service/line on this carrier.|
|Can Transfer TN||Allows the user to create an order to transfer the TN for a service/line on this carrier.|
|Can Update CNAM||Allows the user to create a CNAM order on a service/line for this carrier.|
|Can Update E911|
Allows the user to create an order for E911 on a service/line for this carrier.
|Can View SOI||Allows the user to pull a service order inquiry on a customer for this carrier. SOIs are carrier specific.|
|Can Validate By TN||Allows the user to validate by TN for this carrier.|
|Batch Flow Through|
|Flow Through Default|
|Does Not Affect Cycle||If enabled on a carrier, orders can complete independently and activate an account. If not set, all orders for this carrier must complete to change the account status to OPEN and set the cycle date.|
|Line Carrier||Allows the user to select this carrier as a line carrier as opposed to only a product carrier.|
|Notifications||Enables the ability to receive notifications from this carrier on orders.|
|Requires TN to Send|
|Ala Carte Also||This setting allows products of this carrier to appear for selection even when the product carrier does not match the line carrier.|
|Requires DOB||Makes the DOB will be required on orders to process.|
|Requires SSN/EIN||Makes the SSN/EIN will be required on orders to process.|
Allow cherry picking of lines to deny
|Allows the user to deny/suspend selected services/lines with the carrier as opposed to all services/lines with the carrier.|
|Allow cherry picking of line to disconnect||Allows the user to disconnect selected services/lines with the carrier as opposed to all services/lines with the carrier.|
|Requires Management of Line Allowance||This option must be selected when managing wireless minutes specifically. Selection of this option and selecting a wireless product type on the product itself will open the allowances tab. A user can then specify a certain amount of voice, sms, mms and data that will be managed through the product settings.|
|Default||Creates an order by carrier. This option may group different services/lines on the same order.|
|Split multiple product orders into single product orders||Creates a separate order for each product.|
Split multiple line orders into single line orders
|Creates a separate order for each service/line.|
|Split multiple line types orders into single line type orders||Creates and groups orders by service/line type.|
|Split multiple BTN orders into single BTN orders||No longer available.|