Rev.io tickets have several areas of customization that the user can configure during the setup phase of the implementation or adjust whenever desired.
Drop Down Ticket Lists
The following fields allow for customization using the Drop Down Editor found under the Settings tab.
- Custom Status – This field can be used instead of the system default status dropdown list. Some clients use this field to supplement the system status. This field is called Ticket Status in the Drop Down Editor.
- Ticket Type – This field can be used to create a custom list of ticket types. Ticket types can be used to determine if a ticket should be made available for view in the customer's portal as well. This field is called Ticket Type in the Drop Down Editor.
- Workflow – This field is typically used as a high level type for a ticket while the ticket type is more detailed. Other clients have used this field to define a functional area such as repairs or provisioning. This field is called Ticket Process in the Drop Down Editor.
- Dispatch – This field is typically used to define a specific location of a dispatch. This field is called Dispatch List in the Drop Down Editor.
- To configure these fields go to Settings > Drop Down List Editor.
- Select the Drop Down Field and populate the Description field and click Save. Each new item will be added to the list below the Description field.
- The Ticket Type list offers an additional option to make a ticket internal or external. Click the Show in BillCenter checkbox to make this ticket type accessible in the customer portal. If not checked, the ticket type will be for internal use only.
- The Custom Status, Workflow and Dispatch lists only require adding a Description and clicking Save to customize the dropdown list.
Custom Ticket Fields
Any number of custom fields can be added to the ticket form. These custom fields are displayed in the Additional Field tab on the ticket.
- To add a custom field to the ticket form go to Settings > Tickets (Under the Custom Fields Header). Click the New Field button.
- Complete the following form for each new field.
- Label – This will be the field label on the form.
- Description – This will not display on the ticket form and would only be used as additional information when in this form.
- Field Type– There are four option types supported.
- Text Box
- Text Area
- Drop Down List – This option allows for a pre-defined selection.
- Radio Button List – This option allows for a pre-defined selection.
- Default Value – This will be the default option that displays in the Text Box or Text Area or when creating a predefined list.
- Option List – This only appears in the form when the Drop Down List or Radio Button List is selected. Populate the list option using this field.
- Show on Ticket Type – Select the Ticket Type where these fields should display or select the option to display on All Tickets.
- Require this field when creating a ticket? – Select this checkbox to make this field required when the ticket is created.
- Require this field when saving a ticket? – Select this checkbox to make this field required when a ticket is saved.
- Require this field when closing a ticket? – Select this checkbox to make this field required when a ticket is closed.
- Show in Trouble Ticket table in the Provisioning section – Select this checkbox to make this field display in the Trouble Ticket table in the Provisioning section of Rev.io.
Ticket Creation via Email
Rev.io does support ticket creation via email. Please contact your project or account manager to configure this setting.
Users will only appear in the Assigned To drop down list if they are part of a ticket User Group.
- To create a User Group, go to Settings > User Groups and click Add New Group.
- Select Ticket as the Group Type. Populate the Name field and Description and then click Save.
- Once the User Group has been saved, select users from the Member List to create the list of eligible assignees.
Only users appearing in the User Group will be eligible for ticket assignment.
Users can receive email notifications based on certain criteria.
- To enable notifications, go to Settings > User Groups and click Add New Group.
- Select Notification as the Group Type. Populate the Name field and Description. Click Save to add the users and rules.
- To add users to the notification, select the user next to the Add Members To Group description and click Add. Add as many users as necessary.
- Next, Click the Tickets tab under the Notification Settings. There are 3 Event Types.
- Ticket Types – These are the custom ticket types on the ticket form. This field will trigger an email to the member list based on selection of a certain ticket type.
- Ticket Assignment – This field will trigger an email to the member list based on the designated assignee.
- Ticket Status – This option will trigger an email to the member list based on a particular status. This option does not work with the custom ticket status.