When Rev.io clients have Resellers that need a way to bill their end-users, Rev.io offers our Reseller or White-label model. This configuration consists of a Primary instance for the Rev.io client and then a secondary or reseller instance which will be a multi-tenant database that your clients can use to bill their end-users. The functions of each are listed below:
- This is where you, the Rev.io client, bill the reseller for all MRCs and Usage that they are reselling.
- This is where you can bill direct buyers like your business or residential customers.
- You will configure your primary site with the assistance of Rev.io during your implementation.
Secondary or Reseller Instance
- This is where your Resellers create, manage, bill and remit payments for their customers.
- Multiple resellers share this site.
- You, our Rev.io client, are responsible for the setup and administration to this site. Resellers have restricted access and can only create and manage their accounts. The reseller cannot do any setup to this site. It is just a billing system to them.
The Secondary instance must be properly configured with a Bill Profile and Agent Profile for each Reseller to give them the proper access to just their accounts. These are the most important of the settings. The person(s) designated as your administrators must repeat ALL the instructions below for each new Reseller to add them to your Secondary or Reseller instance of Rev.io to complete their setup.
Before setting up a Reseller in Rev.io, you will need to request the following information from the Reseller. You will need this information to complete their setup.
- Product Catalog - You may be using a standard set of products for all your resellers, if so you may just need their rates for the product catalog. Each reseller can have unique product sets though. You will be responsible as the Administrator of their site for setting these up though.
- Long Distance Usage Plans - You may be using a deck of standard rates for all your resellers. If so, you do not need this from the client.
- Remit Address for payments made by mail
- Collection terms if you will be supporting collections for your resellers - This is optional and you can turn it off if it is not something you wish to manage.
- Language for email and "from email address" for Payment confirmation emails
- Language for email and "from email address" for Statement notification emails
- Language for email and "from email address" for Auto Debit failures
- Language for email and "from email address" for other notifications like Billcenter.net setup or account activation
- List of users that need access to their accounts
Several configuration items must be setup for each reseller item. These must be associated with either the agent profile or the bill profile to tie it back to the Reseller. Here is an example. The products that are loaded in the product catalog must be restricted to the Resellers' Bill Profile. By doing this, you ensure that the other Resellers in Rev.io do not see their products. Another example is the EBPP profile. You will set up one of these for each Reseller and tie it to the Bill Profile on the Email Tab. This way you can have a different email and different logo on that email for each Reseller. The full list of settings, as well as the instructions for setup of each item, are found in the following pages.
Reseller Impacting Configuration Items
- Bill Profile
- Payment Method/Merchant Account
- EBPP Profile
- Email Templates - Legacy Tab
- Sample AutoDebit Failure (if reseller is using Auto Debit)
- Sample Credit Card Expiration (if reseller wants to use)
- New Billing Platform Announcement (if reseller wants to email any existing customers)
- Email Templates - Email Templates Tab
- Payment Received Email Notification
- Password Reset
- Billcenter Registration
- Agent Profile
- Report Category for Each Reseller
- Rev.io Permissions
- Reseller Role (Copy for each reseller)
- Billcenter.net Setup
- Products and Packages
- Usage Rates and Usage Programs
The Bill Profile is what Rev.io considers the brand and/or the billing rules for each Reseller. When you launch a reseller you must create a unique Bill Profile for them in the shared reseller instance. You will then place a ticket with Rev.io that has their logo attached so that we can make the connection between the Bill Profile and the logo on our side. Instructions for setting up the Bill Profile are listed below. You will not be able to complete the entire Bill Profile in this first step because you will need to configure other items like the EBPP profile, Email Templates and Payment Methods. You do need to set up a Bill Profile and save it first though so we can work the ticket to set it up on the Rev.io side. You will need to come back and adjust the other settings.
Bill profile settings include billing cycle rules, branding options, collection templates, BillCenter.net specifications and fees.
- To create a bill profile go to the Settings menu and select the Bill Profiles link in the menu.
- Click the New button to create a new profile or select an existing profile by clicking the name of the profile to edit.
- Next, select the settings under each tab for the profile you wish to create.
On this page:
GeneralThe General tab contains numerous settings related to the billing rules of the account.
When naming the profile, use a Name that will summarize or specify the content of the profile.
- The Sort Order and Color are optional fields that allow you to specify the order the profiles appear and the color of the text for the profile name as it appears in the customer profile.
- The Lead Days field can be used to add a number of days the statements can be generated prior to the actual cycle date.
- The Advance Months field is used to specify the number of billed months ahead of the current month that an account will be billed. Leave a "0" if billing the previous month's charges. Set to “1” if billing the current month’s charges.
- The Terms Days field is used instead of selecting a specific due date for the customer's statement. If setting a due date, leave this field blank.
- The Receipt field can be left to the default option unless a custom payment receipt is required for the customer.
- The Class Default option needs to be set to the type of account that will be entered most often when using this profile.
- Select Require Auto Debit if customer accounts will be required to provide auto debit information. Leave unchecked if this is not supported or required.
- Select Disable Ticket Creation if the customers will not be able to create trouble tickets.
- The Default Minimum Usage field will allow the user to set a minimum billed amount for the customer.
- The Deposit fields allow for specifying a number of hold months and default amount required for deposit per bill profile.
- Ignore Credit Score field unless integrated with a 3rd party provider.
- The Auto Debit Credit field allows for a recurring credit to be added to an account each month if the customer pays by Auto Debit.
- Select Enable CDR Downloads under the CDR File Management section to allow customers to download usage records.
Merchant ProfilesThis section is only applicable when processing payments electronically in Rev.io. Available Merchant Profiles can be designated per Bill Profile for Credit Card and E-Check processing.
Late FeesTo set up past due fees, go to the Late Fee tab. Late fees can be applied to an account or on the line level. Late fees can be either a flat fee or percentage fee. A minimum fee charge can also be specified.
Up to two late fee exemptions are also supported in this section. Late fee exemptions can be added at the state level.
AddressThe remit address is specified in the Address tab.
CyclesThe terms of the customer's billing are specified under the Cycles tab.
- Select a Type.
- Cycle – Allows for one or multiple monthly cycles to be set.
- Daily – The customer's activation date becomes their cycle date. Also know as anniversary billing.
- Select a Direction.
- Forward – For Cycle Billing, this option affects the initial bill. If you activate early in the month and want to charge proration for the current month and the next month then choose this option. E.G Current cycle is 10/1. Customer activates on 9/2. On 10/1 the customer receives a bill for 9/2 through 9/30 and (if advance month is 1) 10/1 through 10/31.
- Backwards – For Cycle Billing, this option affects the initial bill. If you activate early in the month and want to charge the proration at the time of activation you can send the customer an initial bill immediately. E.G - Customer activates on 9/2. Charges will show up immediately on the unposted tab for 9/2 through 9/30 so you can generate a bill to the customer immediately. On 10/1 they will cycle with all others and be charges for 10/1 through 10/31. This is an option so that you can prevent initial bill sticker shock.
- Closest – Select this option to just select the closest cycle date.
- Prorate Partial Cycles - Select to prorate charges when using the Cycle option.
- If using the Cycle type, set the terms at the bottom of the screen.
- The Activation Day Min is the first day the customer will be placed on a cycle day.
- The Activation Day Max is the last day the customer will be placed on a cycle day.
- The Cycle Day is the actual day the customer's charges will cycle.
- The Due Day is the due date printed on the customer's statement.
Multiple cycles can be set during a month so that different groups of customers can receive a bill during periodic times of the month. An example of one monthly cycle is included below.
PrintingThe Printing tab settings are used to set a variety of options. Some of these options are only applicable to certain types of providers.
- Print Profile – This field defaults to PDF. Do not change this default unless specified to do so by Rev.io. This field is used when working with a 3rd party print vendor.
- Default Bill Method – This can be adjusted to change the default bill receipt method on new customers.
- Default Print Type – This cannot be adjusted in most cases. Do not change unless specifically told to do so by Rev.io. This field is used when working with a 3rd party print vendor.
- Bill Print Minimum – Enter an amount in this field to set a minimum bill amount for printing a statement.
- Print Surcharge Amount – Set an amount in this field to apply a print surcharge to a statement.
- Send 1st Month's Bill – Ignore unless specifically directed by Rev.io to use this field.
- Hide 1st Month's Details – Ignore unless specifically directed by Rev.io to use this field.
- Use Padding for Account Codes - Ignore unless specifically directed by Rev.io to use this field.
- Show Call Details – This option is no longer used. Call details are managed at the customer account level.
- 1st Month Alt – Ignore unless specifically directed by Rev.io to use this field.
- Print Profile– While some of these setting are only applicable to certain types of providers, the following preferences should be specified.
- Print in two columns – Sets the statement data to print in two columns on the statement reducing the size of the bill.
- Print Letter for 1st Statement - Ignore unless specifically directed by Rev.io to use this field.
- Itemize Local Calls – This option is no longer used. Call details are managed at the customer account level.
- Show LD Charges – This option is no longer used. Call details are managed at the customer account level.
EmailIf customers are receiving bills by email, the Electronic Bill Presentment Profile must be selected on this tab. The EBPP is the email language and details that the customer will receive. The EBPP is configured under the Settings tab on the EBPP link.
Other settings on this tab are related to auto debit.
- AutoDebit Success – Select a predefined email that will be automatically be sent to a customer when a successful payment is received via auto debit.
- AutoDebit Failure – Select a predefined email that will be automatically be sent to a customer when an auto debit transaction fails.
- Payment Success – Select a predefined email that will automatically be sent to a customer when a successful payment has been processed.
Emails templates can be configured under the Settings tab > Email Templates link.CollectionsIn the Collections tab the user can select the Collections Template associated with each profile. Templates are pre-configured under the Settings tab on the Collection Templates link.
- Collection Template – Select from pre-configured templates.
- Collection Letter – Ignore. This option is now part of the Collection Summary.
- Disconnect Letter – Ignore. This option is now part of the Collection Summary.
- Prorate Disconnects – Select this option if you wish to prorate charges at disconnect.
- 1 Month Deny Exempt – Excludes a customer from suspension on the first month of activation.
The user can also set fees for various actions related to the collections process at the bottom part of this screen.
- Disconnect – Define the terms and amount of fees applied when a disconnect occurs on an account.
- Reconnect - Specify a fee that will be added to the account when a reconnect order is issued.
- Deny – Define the terms and amount of fees applied when a deny or suspend order is issued on a customer's account.
- Early Termination – Set a standard fee that will be added to a customer's account if the customer terminates a contract early.
- Collection Letters – Ignore. This option is no longer applicable. All collections related functionality is managed using the Collection Templates and Collection Summary.
- Bounced Payment – Specify the fee and description that will be added to the customer's account when a payment is marked as Bounced.
MessagesWithin the Message tab, a custom message can be created for display on all customers' statements that are a member of that bill profile. Use the Special Message text area to design your message. For more details on messages:
Other message fields can be ignored unless multiple messages need to appear on the customer's statement. If multiple messages are needed, the Default and Regular message fields can be completed.OrdersFees related to the order process can be configured under this Tab. Leave at 0.00 where not applicable. These fees are automatically applied to the account when these options are selected in the Change Order Wizard in Rev.io.
StatesThe States tab can be ignored in most configurations. Ignore unless otherwise instructed by Rev.io.
Payment Methods/Merchant Accounts
Payment methods will be unique for each reseller and will need to be updated in the Bill Profile on the
Payment Methods are configurable in Rev.io. Payment Methods can be either a type that is used for posting and reporting only or a type that can be configured for electronic processing through a Merchant Account. The list of Payment Methods used in Rev.io can contain both types.
- To create the list of Payment Methods, go to Settings > Payment Methods.
- Complete the following form for each Payment Method type and click Add.
- Description – Name the payment method using a description. This description will appear in the drop down field when selecting a payment.
- Fee Desc – If using a fee for payment processing, this description will appear on the customer's statement.
- Fee Type – Select from a Flat Rate fee or a Percent of the balance type fee.
- Fee – Add the amount of the flat fee or the percentage in this field.
- eCredit Card – If using a merchant account for processing credit card, select this checkbox.
- eCheck – If using a merchant account for processing electronic checks, select this checkbox.
- Requires Approval – Select if payment method requires approval.
- Show in Signup – This checkbox will enable the payment method for use in the Signupgo workflow.
- Show in Billcenter – This checkbox will enable the payment method for use in the Billcenter customer portal.
- To edit or update a payment method, select the clipboard/pencil icon below. The payment method information will appear in the form above. Make the necessary changes and click Finish Editing. Once all changes are complete click Save before exiting the page.
- The arrows below can be used to order the appearance of the methods in the drop down list.
- The red "x" will delete the payment method.
Merchant Account Configuration
Merchant Accounts must be configured by Rev.io. Please provide your project or client success manager with the API Login and Password/Transaction Key for the merchant account that needs to be configured. A list of supported providers can be found below.
|RePay (CheckGateway)||No (USAePay)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|USAePay||Yes||Yes||Yes - CC Only||Yes - CC Only|
Electronic Bill Presentment
An EBPP must be configured when using the email bill method. The EBPP is the format and text of the email sent to the customer when the statement is sent.
- To create an EBPP, go to the Settings tab and click the EBPP link. Click Add.
- Add a Description – Provide a unique description for the EBPP Profile. This will be the description used in the drop down options in areas such as the Bill Profiles.
- Add a Web Site URL – This is the URL that the customer will access to make a payment or view a statement.
- Add a From Email – This field will be the sender email address for the email statements.
- Add a From Name – This field will be the sender name for the email statements.
- Add a Subject – This field will be the subject of the email that contains the statement attachment or link.
- Add the Email Body – Use this text area to define the body of the email that contains the statement link or attachment.
Order and Task emails are now customizable through the UI. Task events have previously generated emails but were not configurable. Order events were previously customizable but limited to only Order Status and internal users and groups.
The new email templates are sent during certain events in Rev.io. The events are as follows:
- Task Add Note
- Task Completed
- Task Created
- Task Updated
- Task Reminders
- Ticket Created
- Ticket Updated
- Order Status Change
- Order Created
- Password Reset
- Payment Received
- Customer Status Change
- Customer Auto Debit Status Change
- Customer Created
- Request Assigned
- Request Created
- Request Status Change
- Request Approved
- Data Threshold Reached
- Top Up Product Added
To setup an Order or Task email notification, go to Settings > Email Templates.
A new tab was added to Settings > Email Templates. The previous email templates (used for payment notifications and bulk emailing customers) are now located under the Legacy tab and the new templates under the Email Templates tab.
To add a new email notification, click Add Template and complete the following fields.
- Description – This field names the notification.
- Event Type – This field specifies the activity that will trigger the notification.
- Status – This field will turn the notification on or off. Check Active for on or uncheck active to disable.
- Markdown – The field enables Markdown support, which can be used to write and format the body of the email.
For instructions on formatting the email notification, click the How to Format link and the right side of the email window. This link will open a window with formatting examples.
Other formatting tools can also be found in this window. Most options are similar to the formatting tools you might find in any email management program. Tokens or Placeholder Codes can be found under the “$” button and used in the email to call data from the site database. Tokens will vary based on Event Type selection.
A formatted email notification might look like this in the Edit and Preview panes.
Next click the Configuration tab to complete the setup.
- From Name & Email – This is the email address and name of the sender
- CC & BCC – Email addresses that are CC'd and BCC'd on every email of this type that get sent. More than one address can be added by separating them with a semicolon.
- Send To Internal Users – This will send an email to a default set of internal users associated depending on the type of email
- Send To Customer – This will send an email to the customer associated with the task or order
- Additional Emails – Any additional email addresses that will receive the email. Multiple email addresses can be used here as well.
- Subject - This is an option for clients who would like to modify the subject line of the email being sent. If left blank, the subject will display the system generated subject line. This currently is not supported for clients using PoP3 for ticketing.
- Filters – Rules can be added to templates so that the notifications only send for certain customers, orders, task types, ticket types and/or statuses. If no filters are specified, the emails will always be sent when that email event is triggered.
- Filters are specific to they Event Type of the email template (defined on the Template Tab). Order notification settings can be filtered by Bill Profile, Order Status and Order Type. Task notification settings can only be filtered by Task Type.
- Filters of the same type will work as an 'OR' use case (exclusive of one or more of the options). Filters of different types will work as an 'AND' use case (inclusive of all selected).
- All task emails are sent to the user that created the task, plus the assigned user and user group.
- Order Status emails are sent to the user that created the order and the user assigned to the order
For existing clients, contact an client success manager to setup access to this new feature. New clients should have access to these new settings.
Agent profiles must be set up in Rev.io and assigned to an account when the account is created. This creates the association between the account, agent and bill profile. The association of the Agent will happen automatically based on the User being assigned to an agent profile. The instructions below cover how to create a profile and to associate a user.
All agents and master agents must have a profile in Rev.io. The profile contains information such Parent Agent, Company Bill Profile, Company Information, Users and Contact Information and Commission Plan if applicable. Agent ProfileGeneral
- To create an Agent Profile, complete the following information.
- Account Number – This field can be used to assign a custom account number to the agent. Rev.io will generate an agent ID if left blank.
- Type – This field is a customizable list that can be used in reporting if desired.
- Status – Used to activate or deactivate the agent.
- Parent Agent – Select the parent agent if agent is a sub of a parent.
- Commission Plan - Select the commission plan that should be associated with the agent.
- Commission Trial Period - This field is no longer in use.
- Reseller Type - This field is not required but information can be used for reporting purposes.
- Reseller Customer ID - This field is not required but information can be used for reporting purposes.
- Tax ID - This field is not required but information can be used for reporting purposes.
- Language – Use this field to specify the agent's language of choice.
- ACH Frequency - This field is no longer in use.
- Company Bill Profile – Select a bill profile for the agent to designate only one bill profile for the agent's customers. This field is required when using the Rev.io reseller model. This creates the partition for each brand.
- Next complete the Company Informationsection as applicable.
- Company Name – This field can either house a company name or an agent's name. This is the identifier that will appear in the agent drop down list on the account.
- Company Email – Store the company email address in this field.
- Company Phone – Store the company phone number in this field.
- Company Fax – Store the company fax number in this field.
- Location Details – Store the location details of the company in this field if applicable.
- Hours of Operations – Store the hours of operation in this field if applicable.
Primary Contact Information
- Complete the Primary Contact Informationas applicable.
- Type – Specify a contact type using the drop down list.
- Name – This field can be used to capture the agent's name.
- Phone – This field can be used to capture the agent's phone number.
- Mobile – This field can be used to capture the agent's mobile number.
- Fax – This field can be used to capture the agent's mobile number.
- Email – This field can be used to capture the agent's mobile number.
On this page:
- Agent Profile
- Agent User Accounts
- Agent Address
PreferencesGeneral OptionsLeave General Options settings as is unless otherwise instructed by Rev.io.
Packaging Filtering Options
Leave General Options settings as is unless otherwise instructed by Rev.io.
Commission Posting Options Override
Leave General Options settings as is unless otherwise instructed by Rev.io.
Custom Message on Customer Statement
Leave General Options settings as is unless otherwise instructed by Rev.io.
Agent User Accounts
Agent Users associated with the profile will have access to all accounts assigned to the agent profile. If the agent profile is a parent then the Agent User will have access to all accounts at the parent level and below.
- To add an agent user account, select the user from the drop down list and click Add. Agents must be setup as users in order to appear in the user list.
- Complete the following Agent Address details.
- First, MI, Last – Use these fields to store the agent's full name.
- Company – Use this field to add the company name.
- Address Line 1 – Use this field to add the company address.
- Address Line 2 – Use this field to add the company address.
- City, State, Zip – Use these fields to complete the company address.
- Delivery Pt./Check Digit – Use these fields for additional address information.
- Once all fields are complete, click Add to create the Agent Profile.
A specific role must be configured for a Reseller. This role is a variation of the Agent role that comes with Rev.io and has been configured for you. This role is called Agent Reseller. To edit the permissions, follow the instructions below.
H2O allows users to control access to content through the use of Roles and their associated Permissions. Permissions can control what Menu Items a user sees, what reports users can use, what specific applications a user can access (BillCenter, Agent Portal, etc), and the actions users can perform on particular pages. H2O uses the concept of Roles to manage multiple customized and unique collections of permissions, which are then assigned to users.
To access and control Permissions, click on the Settings tab at the top of the H2O application and then find the Permissions link under the Security section.
Roles are created and then assigned to users. Multiple roles can be assigned to each user. The permissions of each user is based on the permissions selected in their assigned roles. The Role Type drop down box near the top of the screen allows for you to have different roles and permission assignments for either H2O or BillCenter. Simply select one or the other to edit that specific application's permissions.
After selecting a role, you will see permissions are grouped within several tabs.
The selections under Menu Items allow you to control what users see inside within each section of the menu bar at the top of the H2O application.
The Page Permissions tabs will have an extensive list of permissions separated into sections according to the page in H2O that they apply to. This is a long list and is usually easier to navigate if you use the "search" or "find" tool equipped in all modern browsers. These permissions control both actions a user can take and items users can see on the respective page.
This tab allows you to control what type of reports a user can access. It does not give you control over individual reports. Instead, it allows you select types or sub-sections that reports are organized into.
This section is used to give users permission to access specific applications within H2O. This includes H2O itself, Agent Portal, H2O API, BillCenter, and Agent Sales Portal.
Billcenters are configured using the instructions below and must be associated with a Bill Profile on the Configuration tab of the form.
Billcenter.net (Customer Portal) is configured and managed from Rev.io. Each Rev.io instance can have multiple Billcenter.net configurations.
- Go to Settings > Billcenter Configuration to begin.
- Click Create New.
- Under the Settings tab, enter new HTML color codes to update the colors used in the Navigation, Page Title and Hyperlinks.
Color codes can be found at colorpicker.com.
- Select the Checkbox for Use HTML Footer to add this option to the page.
- Under the Global Settings options, the following settings can be enabled or disabled.
- Enable Auto Pay Status Change – This will allow the end user to modify this option in the BillCenter.net portal.
- Show Receipts for Non-Billcenter Payments – This option will allow for all payment receipts to show in BillCenter regardless of how the payment was captured.
- Hide Minutes – This option must be selected if the end-user is not a wireless customer.
Additional settings are found under the Configuration tab.
- Bill Profile – Allows the user to designate a specific bill profile for the configuration.
- Hostname – This field should be populated with the Rev.io specified URL for accessing the site.
- Main Title – This field controls the main title of this BillCenter configuration.
- Bill Restriction – Restrict bill receipt method options using this setting.
- Allow Disenroll - When not checked, removes the "None" option from the Bill Delivery radio list on BillCenter, under Settings, so only Email and Print are left. (e.g. by default, customers cannot change their bill delivery method to None and end up not receiving a bill). If you want to disable the ability for people to change their statement delivery methods, you need to remove the permission BILLCENTER_MANAGE_BILL_NOTIFICATIONS from their User's permissions. It is under Rev.io > Billcenter Settings, and it's called Manage Notification Options
- Website URL – Populate this field to add a URL to the sign on page of Billcenter.
- Email Ticket Notifications To – Use this field to setup an email address to receive ticket notifications when customers create a ticket in BillCenter.net.
- Email Payment Notifications To – Use this field to setup an email address to receive payment notifications when a customer makes a payment in BillCenter.net
- Company Image – This is the location of the logo image used on this configuration of BillCenter.net. Most likely Rev.io will manage the logo file and this field will not require any changes.
- System Email – Populate this field with a system email that a user could use as a point of contact.
- Additional Role – Select a user role for Billcenter from this drop down list.
The functionality on the Reports tab allows the user to customize a list of report visible to the customer in this configuration of BillCenter.net.
To make a report available in BillCenter.net, double click the report in the Available Reports column and the report will move to the Selected Reports column.
Use the FAQ tab to build Questions and Answers for the customer that will be displayed on the Help tab.
- To build a question, type the question in the text box labeled Question. Type the answer in the text area labeled Answer.
- Click Add Questions.
- Questions can be edited or reordered in the table located at the bottom of the screen.
Products & Packages
Products can be configured using the instructions below. Products must be associated with a Bill Profile under the Restrictions tab to associate them with a particular reseller.
Packages can also be configured using the instructions below. Packages must be associated with a Bill Profile and/or Agent to associate them with a particular resellers. Bill Profiles are found on the Restrictions tab and Agents are associated on the Agents tab.
Products that are applied to the customer’s account are configured in the Product Catalog. To create a product, complete the following steps.
- Go to the Settings tab > Product Catalog.
- Click New.
- Complete the General information tab as applicable.
- Description – This field contains the description of the product that will display on the bill.
- Type – This field determines whether the product is recurring, one-time or usage. These options are also associated with the tax classifications.
- Tax Class - Tax classifications can be configured on the product type or chosen on the product by selecting Override and then the desired tax class.
- Carrier/Platform – This field will associate the product with a specific carrier.
- Code 1 (USOC) – This field supports provisioning codes for electronic ordering and provisioning with carriers.
- Code 2 (FID) – This field is also used for ordering and provisioning with carriers.
- Rate – Populate the rate that will be passed on to the customer and whether it will be a credit or debit product.
- Free Period – This field is used to override the rate of the product for a designated number of months.
- Automatic Expiration – This field is used to set an expiration for the product.
- Billing Months - Bill a recurring product monthly by selecting Standard or select an options for Quarterly, Semiannually or Annually billing.
- Category – This field can be used to create a customizable product category list for reporting purposes. This list is configured under Settings > Drop Down Editor.
- Bill in Arrears – Select this option if this product should always bill in arrears.
- Prorate – Select this option if the product should prorate.
- Order Completion Billing – Select this option if the product should bill when the order completes.
- Creates Order – Select this option if the product should create an order.
- Complete the Restrictions tab as applicable.
- Available Bill Profiles – Select applicable Bill Profiles if the product should be restricted by Bill Profiles.
- Available Line Types – Select applicable Line Types if the product should be restricted to a particular line type(s).
- Restrict by Customer Class – Select this option if the product should be restricted to either business only or residential only customers.
- Restrict to States – Select this option if the product should be restricted to a state or certain states.
- Available on Signup – This option will display the product on the SignupGo application.
- Available on Billcenter – Ignore. Option not available.
- Available on Replenish – This option will enable the product to be available for use as a wireless replenishment.
- Available on Auto Recharge – This option will enable the product to be an auto recharge product.
- Customer Class – If using the Restrict by Customer Class option, select the class here.
- Auto Add Auto Recharge Type – This field is used to designate the Auto Recharge Type. Options are Monthly and Usage.
- Auto Recharge Usage Threshold – This option is used to set a threshold for auto recharge on wireless accounts.
- The Inventory tab contains all available inventory available in Rev.io. To relate a product to an inventory item, select the item(s) from this tab.
- The use the Rev.io Tiered Discount functionality, select the Meters tab and choose from the available Meters. Click to move the Meter from the available column to the selected column. Meters are configured under Settings > Meters.
- The Advanced tab contains several other options that require complimenting functionality in Rev.io. Commission options are located on the Advanced tab. Contact an account manager to add other advanced options.
- The Additional Fields tab is used for storing any custom fields added on the product.
- Save to continue.
- To deactivate a product go to Settings > Product Catalog.
- Click Edit on the Product that needs to be deactivated.
- Deselect the Active? Checkbox to deactivate the product.
- Go to Settings tab > Packages.
- Click New.
- Enter in the Package's General Information. The required fields are highlighted below.
- The Restrictions tab contains several optional fields that are used to restrict the use of the Package. None of these fields are required.
- The next tab is the Agents tab. Packages can be restricted to agents. No fields on this tab are required.
- On the Product & Services tab, click Add a Product to choose product(s) from the product catalog to be added to the package.
- The following descriptions define each field and whether or not it is required.
- ID - Rev.io populated field.
- Description - This description carriers over from the Product Catalog.
- Carrier - Taken from the carrier set in the Product Catalog.
- Code 1 (USOC) - Taken from the carrier set in the Product Catalog.
- Code 2 (FID) - Taken from the carrier set in the Product Catalog.
- Rate - Taken from the carrier set in the Product Catalog.
- Rate Type - Taken from the carrier set in the Product Catalog.
- Quantity - Adjust specific to the Package.
- Group - This checkbox is enabled by default to group all Products under the Package name.
- Tax Incl - This checkbox is off by default. This option will include the tax in the rate specified in the Rate field.
- Itemize - Selecting this field will allow for the individual product to display on the bill under the Package.
- Cost - This field is used to store the Cost of a Product.
- Credit - This field can change a debit in to a credit product.
- Buy Rate - This field is used to store the Buy Rate of a Product. Buy Rates are used to calculate margins or commissions for Agents or Resellers.
- State - This option will only apply this product when the State selected matches the Service Address of the account.
- Type - This option will only apply this product when the Type matches the Order on the account.
- Remove products by selecting the Red "X".
- Click Save to create the package.
Usage Rates and Usage Programs
Rev.io offers several ways to create rate plans and apply them for call rating. Rates can be added manually using a form in the UI. This is useful if only a few call type/rates will be included in the plan. The other option is to import the rates using a template file. This option is great for importing international rate decks or updating a large file of rates. The information below covers all of those options including how to upload different versions of rate decks in to the same plan and set the effective dates for when those should begin. Usage Rates (rate plans) are grouped in to a Usage Program and assigned to the line/service, used individually in the Special Rates section on the customer profile, or added at a product level in the Product Catalog.
Creating a New Usage Rate Plan Manually
- Usage Rates are the rates that apply to the individual call record based on call type. To create a new Usage Rate, go to Settings > Usage Rates and click Add.
- Add a description and click Save to access the remaining fields on this page.
- Complete the fields in the Ratesection to add a new rate. The following fields are required:
- Description - Use a name that will describe the content in the rate.
- Rate or Surcharge - Two separate fields that can be used independently to define the rate per call or a flat surcharge. Both fields can be used on a line item if desired.
- Country/Area/State - Typically used to specify International Dialing Codes (Country), Telephone City Dialing Codes (Area) or State or Province Abbreviations (State) for calls outside of the U.S. Depending on how calls are rated for this plan at least one of these fields may be required but not all.
- Product Type 1 - This field is used to tell Rev.io what type of call this rate will apply. Specifying this field requires some knowledge about Product Types in Rev.io and how calls are assigned a call type. A full list of usage Product Types can be found under Settings > Product Types. Sort by the Description header in this table to see all Usage call types and tax classes associated with them.
- Initial/Increment - Specifies the initial billing minimum call length and how it will incrementally bill after that. Here's an example of each - 30/6: This indicates that there is a minimum billing length of 30 seconds followed by 6 second increments. For example, a 15 second call will be billed at 30 seconds because it is within the 30 second minimum. A 43 second call will be billed at 48 seconds. A helpful way to view this would be 30+6+6+6.
- Call Direction - Specifies the direction of the call. This field accepts BOTH, INBOUND, and OUTBOUND as the call direction
- All other fields can be used as needed to create more specific rating rules. Please discuss use of these fields with a project or account manager to make sure they are compatible with your CDR importer.
- A Rate Plan can have one or many line items. Press the Save button once all rates have been added to the table on this page.A Rate Plan set to capture and rate domestic calls at a certain rate might look like the example below. This Rate Plan contains 4 entries; interstate, intralata, intrastate and local. Each rate is set to 0.00 indicating that these calls will be rated but the customer will not incur a charge. This Rate Plan can be placed at the Product or in Special Rates on the Customer Profile. It may be combined with other Rate Plans to create a Rate Program and used on a Line/Service level.
Editing an Existing Rate Plan Manually
- If editing an existing Rate, go to Settings > Usage Rates.
- Click Edit next to the Rate Plan that requires editing.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the rate table and click Edit on the selected rate from the table at the bottom of the page that requires the edit. The link is in the last column on the right side of the table for each line item. Update the information in the Rate section of the screen and click Save.
- Alternatively, the rate from can be completed and saved to add a brand new rate to the existing plan.
Importing a New Usage Plan
- To import a new .csv file of rates, go to Settings > Usage Rates.
- Click Add.
- Add a Description for the Plan and click Save.
- Select the Import Rates button.
- The importer page, when adding a new usage plan, will show Create New Version as the Plan Version.
5.b If the Plan Version drop-down is blank (doesn't display: "Create new Version") then the Plan Rate Versioning module will need to be activated.
To do so go to Admin > Settings > Enabled_Modules > Select "Plan Rate Versioning" in the drop down > click Add > click Save > log in/out of your Rev.io session to see the change.
- Set the Effective Date for when the rates will begin. The Effective Date allows for uploading rate decks for future use and also allows for version management of rate plans. A rate plan may also be added with a date from the past. All rate plans in Rev.io prior to the release of this feature (release date: 03/18/2016), are considered initial versions and remain in effect until a new version is uploaded to replace them. If backdating a file, any records that were not previously rated and are fairly recent calls (last 30 days or so) will be automatically reviewed each night. Files that were previously rated will require rerating. The Rev.io Client Success Manager will need to assist with this.
- Choose a pre-formatted file or select Download Template for the file format. Select the Upload button once the file is ready for import. Files that are not in the appropriate format will fail to upload. See the section titled Formatting a File Using the Rate Plan Template for tips.
- Select Post Valid Rates to complete this process. If this is a new rate plan, it is now ready for use based on the Effective Date set for the file. This Rate Plan can be used with a Usage Program or it can be added at an account level under the Special Rates link.
Importing a New Plan Version or Appending to a Plan Version on an Existing Rate Plan
- To import a New Plan Version to an existing Rate, go to Settings > Usage Rates.
- Click Edit next to the Rate Plan that requires editing.
- Select the Import Rates button.
- Select a plan version to append the rates to or click Create New Version to add a new file with a new effective date.
- If creating a new version, specify the Effective Date.
- Once the Effective Date has been specified, select Choose File and Upload.
- Once the file uploads a table of rates will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Post Valid Rates and OK to confirm and complete the process.
- A message will appear at the top of the screen to confirm success.
- Start and End dates will be set on each table of rates depending on the effective dates. No end date will be specified on the file with the latest effective date until a new file is added with an effective date beyond the start of the previous file.
Formatting a File Using the Rate Plan Template
The Usage Rate template contains the fields in the table below. Each line item represents a rate for a specific type of call.
|Description||This is a description that defines the type of call this rate will apply. Some examples of descriptions used in Rev.io today are a country and city name like Alberta-Canada, a type of call like Outbound Interstate Traffic or an NPA NXX like 770-415.||Yes|
|Type 1||This field is used to tell Rev.io what type of call this rate will apply to. These types must match the Product Type exactly. Usage - LD - 800 - Intrastate or Usage - LD - International are examples of the data this field requires. Adding this information can be tricky due to the naming convention and spacing of this information. Each type begins with the word Usage. There is a space before and after each dash and the dashes are required. A full list of usage types can be found under Settings > Product Types. These must be copied exactly.||Yes|
|Type 2||This field is no longer used today but may still be in use with older Rev.io implementations.||No|
|Country||This field accepts the International Dialing Code that needs to match with the rate provided. For example, the International Dialing Code for the US is 1 and the International Dialing Code for Algeria is 213.||Yes|
|State||This field accepts the state or province code that needs to match with the rate provided. For example, Antigua has a country code of 1 and a State code of AN.||Varies|
|Area||This field accepts the area code or Telephone City Code that needs to match with the rate provided. Barcelona may have an entry in the Country field of 93 and then an entry in this field of 34. This number is the Telephone City Dialing Code.||Varies|
|Rate||This field stores the per minute rate for the specified call type.||Varies|
|Increment||This field is used to designate the incremental billing length of a call. Here is an example: 30/6: This indicates that there is a minimum billing call length of 30 seconds followed by 6 second increments. For example, a 15 second call will be billed at 30 seconds because it is within the 30 second minimum. A 43 second call will be billed at 48 seconds. A helpful way to view this would be 30+6+6+6. A second example might look like this: 60/60: This indicates that there is a minimum billing length of 60 seconds followed by 60 second increments. For example, a 3 second call will be billed at 1 minute. A 75 second call will be billed at 2 minutes.||Yes|
|Initial||This field is used to designate the minimum billing length of a call. In the first example above, the 30 represents the Initial and the 6 represents the Increment.||Yes|
|Line Type||If an Rev.io Line Type is specified, Rev.io can apply a specific rate by the line type associated with the call.||No|
|Direction||Specifies the direction of the call in relation to your customer. Each call has origination & termination aspects to it, but this is specifically categorizing a call based on who dials. For example, if your customer dials a number, the call will be considered OUTBOUND. If your customer dials an outside party, toll free number, local, international, etc, it will always be considered OUTBOUND. If your customer receives a call, it will be considered INBOUND. Calls from an outside party to your customer’s DID, toll free number, etc are considered INBOUND. Field accepts BOTH, INBOUND, and OUTBOUND as the call direction. The entry must be in CAPS in the file template.||Yes|
|LATA||This field is used to create a rates by Local Access and Transport Area (LATA).||Varies|
|OCN||This field can define a specific rate by Operating Company Number.||Varies|
|Tier||This field is no longer used today but may still be in use with older Rev.io implementations.||No|
|Zone||This is a field used to identify a rate for a specific zone in a local calling area.||Varies|
|Surcharge||This field is for adding a surcharge in lieu or in addition to the rate per minute charge. This field is typically used on Directory Assistance type calls.||Optional|
|Carrier Code||A field used for other rating needs. It looks at which carrier handled the call.||Varies|
|High Priority||This field is no longer used today but may still be in use with older Rev.io implementations.||No|
|Source Type||This field is no longer used today but may still be in use with older Rev.io implementations.||No|
|Start Date||This field is set at the rate level when entered as an individual line item on the rate plan or it is set by the Effective Dates when added through the import. This field cannot be edited if controlled by the Plan Version.||No|
|End Date||This field is set at the rate level when entered as an individual line item on the rate plan or it is set by the Effective Dates when added through the import. This field cannot be edited if controlled by the Plan Version.||No|
|Buy Rate Flag||This field is no longer used today but may still be in use with older Rev.io implementations.||No|
Many Rev.io users will copy data from the rate file into the appropriate fields of this template. Be sure to save as a .csv file before uploading or Rev.io will not accept the file.
Creating a Usage Program
- Usage Programs are a group of Usage Rates applied to a customer's line or service. To create a Usage Program, Go to Settings tab > Usage Program.
- Complete the Description field. This will be the description Rev.io users see in the dropdown list when selecting the rates to apply to the account. Long Description and PIC/LPICare optional fields.
- Description - This is the name that will appear in the UI referencing this program.
- Long Description - This information is for internal use only and can be seen on this screen or available in a report from the table containing this data.
- PIC/LPIC/IPIC - Not typically used by today's Rev.io users. Formerly used when two separate carriers were delivering the local and long distant service.
- To add a plan to the program, select the Plan and click Add. Programs can contain as many Plans as needed to create a comprehensive rating tool for the customer's line. Type, Restrict Type and Line Type are all optional fields. The default settings for these fields are acceptable if not using them.
- Plan - Plans available for grouping in the Usage Program. These are configured under Settings > Usage Plans.
- Type - Retail is traditionally checked for the rates that apply to the customer. Wholesale can be checked if a secondary plan will be used to rate the call a second time and capture a cost that can be used in reporting and comparing against what the customer was actually charged.
- Restrict Type - This field is no longer used in Rev.io rating.
- Line Type - This field creates a restriction by Line Type and will only show this program as an available option if the Line Type is selected for the line being created.
- Click Save to complete the Program.
- Repeat Process until all plans have been added and then click Save.