Salesforce Orders: User Guide
Rev.io can automatically import Accounts & Orders created in Salesforce into Rev.io's External Order process. Any orders that are set as Active in your instance of Salesforce will be automatically imported every 15 minutes.
Also see: Salesforce Orders Configuration Guide
Creating a Salesforce Order
- Create an account.
- Note: Make sure to include address information.
- If Shipping address is not provided, Billing address will be used by default. Billing is Rev.io Billing Address and Shipping is Rev.io Service Address. If there are multiple locations/related accounts, account will be created as a multi-location account or parent-child account in Rev.io
- Add an opportunity to that account.
- Click Save.
- Add products to the opportunity.
- Select a Price Book.
- Select products.
- Specify a quantity
Use the Number field to group two or more products by Service in Rev.io. Use either a TN if available or an arbitrary number.
- Click Generate Order.
Salesforce Order, Rev.io Request
Note: Orders takes about two minutes to reach the COMPLETE status in Rev.io. First, the order goes in to READY state followed by PROCESSING before it goes to COMPLETE. You have to wait for it to be COMPLETE before you can select the Order and work the request.
- In Rev.io under the Activity tab, go to Views > External Orders.
- Click Refresh.
- Click on the Customer Name. This will match the name created in Step 1. Create an Account.
- Find the request in the Services & Activity section of the customer profile.
- Click Options > View Details.
- Complete a request as usual.
Troubleshooting & Configuration
For any Salesforce configuration questions, see the Salesforce Orders Configuration Guide.