“Products” are your company’s tangible and intangible goods and services translated in Rev.io.
When to use: When you are providing an item, which is a monthly recurring charge, a non-recurring charge or zero dollar charge.
More About Products:
- Can apply tax overrides to a product to handle exceptions
- Can be bundled together as “Product Groups” or “Packages”
- Can be displayed or hidden on invoices to your customer
“Product Groups” are a set of interdependent products. When you choose a lead product, it also adds other products, automatically.
When to use: When you have critical auxiliary products needed in order for the product/service to provision correctly. For example, some USOCs can be dependent on other USOCs being included on a provisioning order, such as grouping voice products with voice features. This ensures all the products needed to provision correctly are included automatically.
More about Product Groups:
- A product cannot be the lead product in more than one group
- No limit of the number of Product Groups added to a line or Package
- No taxation overrides available on a Product Group Level
- No limits to the number of products you can group, but only one of each product is allowed in a group
A “Package” is a set of products, which make up a singular line item option on invoice.
When to use: When you have a common set of products and/or product groups you sell or when you want to show a single package name with one price on the bill.
More About Packages:
- Packages, in a sense, are like creating a "line template".
- Must assign a usage plan group to a line.
- Products can have quantities on the package.
- Can only have one package per line
- Taxation override is not available on package level
- Packages can be restricted to Line Type.
More About Product Types:
- Some One-Time and Usage Fees have to be set up at the Product Type Level to work correctly in Rev.io -those have to be predefined and setup in your Rev.io instance
- Unlimited number of product types can be created
- Allows for tax overrides on the product level
- Cannot have a product in multiple product types