Create New (Creating a New Customer)
New customers, requests and subsequently orders can be created by walking through the Create New steps.
To create a new customer, go to the Customer tab and select Create New.
Next, complete the customer profile page. This page can be customized by each client, so the fields may differ from the example below.
Some of the options selected on this page include:
- Account Number – This is a custom account number field. Rev.io will generate an account number if this is left blank.
- Bill Profile – This option controls the billing rules, customer segment and/or branding for this customer. This field is REQUIRED.
- Email – This is the email address that will receive statements and other correspondence from this account. This field is REQUIRED for email bills.
- Class – Select from Residential or Business. This field is REQUIRED.
- Contract Start/End – Contracts can be added at the account level in this step of the New Customer Wizard.
- Attention Line - This field displays on the attention line of the customer's bill and on collection letters.
- Bill Method – Select the bill method of receipt for the customer. This field is REQUIRED.
- Print Summary Only – Select this option for the customer to receive a Summary Only version of their statement.
- CDR Downloads – This option allows the customer to retrieve CDR Downloads inside the customer portal. Files can be retrieved by clicking on Accounts > Downloads.
- Payment Terms – This option overrides terms on the bill profile.
- Collection Template – This option defines the collection rules on the account. If a template is associated with the bill profile this select will not be available.
- Collection State – Not available until account is created.
- Agent – This field specifies the agent of record on the account. This agent is commissionable through the standard commissions in Rev.io.
- Late Fee Exempt – This checkbox removes this customer from the late-fee rule specified in the bill profile.
- Tax Status – This field will enable options to exempt this customer from taxes at each taxing authority level.
- Account Type – These options define whether or not the account is in a billable relationship with another account. This setting may remain on Standard until the end of the Request where a user can determine the structure of an account.
- Standard – This account has no billable relationship with another account.
- Parent – Has children and is the billable party for those children.
- Child – Must have a parent and does not receive a bill.
The Security tab on this screen is used to store an account pin or a security question and answer on the customer's account. Security questions are customizable under Settings > Drop Down Editor.
The Bill Messages tab can be used to create a custom bill message for the customer. These messages are not required. Bill messaging at the Bill Profile level will be used as the default choice.
The Additional Fields tab on this screen contains custom fields that are created at the customer profile level. Custom fields for the customer profile are configured under Settings > Custom Fields.
Once all selections have been made, click Next to continue.
Enter the customer's primary address. This address will be copied to the account as the Billing and Listing address. It will also be available as a Service Address option on the service type creation page later in the Request process.
When typing the address, Rev.io will begin to validate the information with matches. When the correct match is found, select that option and the system will complete the form. Keep typing if no match pops up and Rev.io will try to validate the address when the Create button is selected. If a variation of the address is found, the option will display and the user may select the correct option. If the address will not validate a user can select Skip Address Validation. Please verify the address and make sure it is correct on the account. For taxation reasons, it is recommended that each address go through validation.
Creating the Account
Pressing the Create button at the top of the screen will create the customer's account shell. If the Continue to Request checkbox is selected, Rev.io will transition to the Request process. If disabled, the account will be created and a request can be added anytime there after. This account is created in a Prospect Status and should remain in such status until changed by Rev.io. As a Request is added and approved, this will cause the status to move to a Pending status and then when the Order completes, Rev.io sets the status of the account to Open. Manual status changes are NOT recommended. Allow the system to update based on automated actions.
Creating a Request
Requests can be created two different ways:
- By creating a new customer and then proceeding through to the request form as described above.
- By selecting the Request button on an existing customer's account.
Features of Request
Several new features are available as part of the request process. These features are noted below.
Each request is assigned a number. Information entered in the request is saved and can be accessed and updated until the request is approved.
Request Table Fields
- Customer - This field provides a link to the customer account. The user can also edit this link and change the customer account if the wrong customer was selected.
- Description - This field allows a user to create a text description for this request.
- Status - The request status is a custom field that can be updated under Settings > Request Status. Clients can define rules for updating the status field according to their business processes.
- Process - Requests support processes or pre-defined task list just like orders and tickets. These process steps need to be pre-order.
- Assigned To - Requests can be assigned to users just like tickets, tasks and orders.
- Created By - The username of the of the individual and also the date created will display with this label.
Progress Table Fields - This table shows the step that the request is in.
- Account - On this page the user will verify the account is correct before continuing.
- Locations - On this page the user will select the location or locations that will receive service.
- Services - On this page the user will select the services and products for each location.
- Summary - On this page a summary of the products will display. The user can also add notes, tasks and approve the request from this page.
- Attachments - The user can select attachments and add them to any of the locations in the request.
- Contacts - The user can build contacts and then select the location for the contact.
Setting up Locations
Once on the Request page, the next step is to designate the location. Select the location(s) for service by choosing each address from the drop down list and selecting Add, or press the Create New Location button to add a new address.
Add as many addresses here as needed to define service for all the locations that need to be on a quote or set up as a separate service or location. A customer with two locations might look like the example below.
A shipping address may also be specified here. Uncheck the Ship to current locations to add an additional shipping address.
Click Save & Continue to move forward to the next screen.
Define the Services
In this screen the user can define services for the account by clicking the Add New Service button.
This action prompts the service type fields to display. Start at the top and make the desired selection to toggle the field to the appropriate Location and Service Type . Once the Service Type is selected, the fields will toggle based on your custom settings. An example might look like the screen capture below. These fields will vary based on the type of service being configured for the customer. These fields, depending on whether they are required or not, may be completed now, if you have the information, or may be completed later if the information is not available at this time. Again, the fields and the definitions of those fields on Service Types differ from client to client.
Next, select the Add Products button at the bottom of the screen to add the products to the line or service. If using a package of products, selecting a choice from the Package field will populate the products in the table at the bottom of the screen. The Add Products button will bring up the product catalog dialog. The product provider will be pre-populated based on the selection from the previous screen. Select a Product Type or keyword search under the Filter option to find the desired products. Product matches will appear below the Filter field. A user can select multiple products on this screen and the Product Provider field can be changed to show products from other providers. Products on a service can be from multiple providers. This will just cause multiple orders to be created.
Click Add Selected to complete the add. Products display at the bottom of the screen. The product Quantity and Rates can be edited below if the user has permission to make these changes. A selection might look like the example below.
Press Save to create the service.
To create additional services, repeat the steps above. User's may also copy lines/services to the same location or choose from the other locations and replicate the service previously created. Select the checkbox beside the line that needs to be copied and then use the Select an Action dropdown to make the Copy Service selection.
This will replicate the service exactly to the same or different location based on the selection.
Other options in the Select an Action dropdown are shown below.
Use the options to complete changes to your selections in bulk.
You can also import data to custom service files from this area.
Upon completion of this step, press Save & Continue to move to the last page of this feature.
The Summary page provides users with the opportunity to view the Charges Summary, Add Notes, view the Request History, add Attachments, add Contacts, create a PDF or Approve the Request. Several of these features are available on the left side of the screen and can be added at any time throughout the Request process as well. In addition users can update the Status, add a Process or change the Assign To user through the creation of the Request.
Selecting the PDF option on this page takes the data in the Request and converts it to a PDF based on a Microsoft Word template that your company will design and store in Rev.io. Templates must be prepared by your team using the available tokens. Tokens and examples can be found under Settings > Request Templates.
Selecting Approve Request will convert the data in to orders on the customer's account and will set the request to Complete.
When approving a request users will presenting with the account structure options. If only one service address is used in the Request, the Current Account option is available. This just adds a new order for a new service to the existing account. If multiple service addresses are used in the request, the user can choose from the options below.
Multiple Addresses - Creates 1 account with multiple services. Each service has its own service address.
Parent + Child - Creates a parent and child structure. All containing services and products.
Shell + Child - Creates a shell parent that has no services and creates a children for each service address.
Once the selection has been made, Orders are created based on the site's configuration. Multiple orders may be generated depending on the mix of Providers and the number of Locations and Services.
The Status of the account, if this was a new account, will be set to PENDING. The account should remain in PENDING until an account activating order is completed. Users should not manually adjust the status of an account. Accounts go to an OPEN status once an account activating order is completed.