Importing Usage Rates via SFTP
Rev.io can automatically import Rates for Usage Plans that use Plan Versions via SFTP. You can configure a special type of FTP importer and upload files to that directory. Any validation errors, either with the file format, naming convention, or any of the rates within the file, will cause the file to fail to process, and you can view these errors in Home > FTP Sites.
Create an FTP Site in Home > FTP Sites with a type of Import Usage Rates. Any files uploaded to this site will be automatically imported as usage rates.
The content of the file must match the format required by Settings > Usage Plans > Edit > Import.
The file name is very important, however, as it dictates how Rev.io should know to treat the file automatically such as which Usage Plan to add the rates to and which Usage Plan Version to use as well.
- Extension must be .csv
- Must contain an underscore _
- The general format is PlanIDorPlanName_yyyyMMdd.csv, where PlanID is the Usage Plan these rates should be added to and yyyyMMdd (e.g. 20191203) is the usage plan version that should be used (or created if it doesn't already exist).
- Must contain a date in yyyyMMdd format, and be separated from the PlanID/PlanName with an underscore _.
- Also, if the file name contains a period . (not including the extension), it will ignore the last segment of the name before the extension. This is helpful when sending a new version of a previous file that may have failed to process as you can't send the same file name twice. For example, files named: 1000_20191003.csv and 1000_20191003.v2.csv would be treated equivalently.
These rates are for Plan ID 1234, with a version of 10/03/2019. If this plan ID does not exist, the file will fail to process. If this plan version does not exist, it will automatically be created, and the rates added to it. If the plan version does already exist, the plan rates are just added to it.
The same as the previous example, as it would ignore the .v2 portion of the filename.
- My Usage Plan Group_20191213.csv
These rates are for a plan with a name of "My Usage Plan Group", with a version of 10/03/2019. If a plan with this name does not exist, the file will fail to process. If this plan version does not exist, it will automatically be created, and the rates added to it. If the plan version does already exist, the plan rates are just added to it.