Daily Pre-statement Generation
Before creating statements for customers a few steps should be completed to ensure all usage and all other transactions are applied to an account. The frequency of these steps depends on how often statements are sent and how often usage is received that needs to be rated in Rev.io. The following steps may need to be completed daily if/when possible or at least prior to generating statements for customers.
Pre-Statement Generation Steps
- Go to Home > FTP Sites and check CDR FTP sites for errors, unprocessed records or to target specific usage. Some information is available at first glance regarding last files and general errors but drill down into the file detail for each site by clicking the View Files link. Additional detail regarding errors and failures can be found on this page. Check both the main screen and the View Files link for confirmation that all records and files processed successfully.
- Go to Reports > Reports List > Built-In Report and check the Unbillable Call report and address issues daily or as often as usage is received and rated. This report will capture calls where no valid rate plan was found and calls that do not match to a line in Rev.io.
- Add credits and invoices as soon as you know about them. Don’t wait until billing day.
- If using the Adjustment functionality, check the Adjustment queue under Workflow > Adjustment.
- Make sure all payments have been posted to the accounts. If processing lockbox payments, Go to Home > FTP Sites and review the lockbox site. Drill down to the details by clicking the View Files link.
Cycle Day Steps
- If the Pre-Statement Steps have been completed, go to Customers > Create Statements. Customers that have met their cycle date appear in this queue. Data in this view can be sorted and reviewed as a Quality Assurance step.
- Select the accounts that need to be processed and then process the Create Statements queue to generate the Rev.io PDFs on the account and create the billed data for reports.
- If using any reports for Quality Assurance, those reports can be reviewed at this time. A glance at the Monthly Billing Report shows a month over month view of revenue buckets.
- After running the Create Statements job and if printing in-house, go to Customers > Print Queue and process customers to create a printable PDF batch file. This file can be printed on any printer.
- If printing with a 3rd party vendor, processing this queue will send a data file to the vendor via FTP. The print vendor will format the PDFs, print statements and mail them to the customer if that is part of the agreement and send Rev.io the files via FTP that replace the Rev.io PDF statements.
- If printing in-house and sending statements electronically, go to Customers > Email Queue. Select customers from the list and process. This will send the email as configured from the EBPP profile to the customer. Be sure to select the Batch Result at the top of the screen for the date processed and click the View button. This will show you a list of emails that were sent and highlight any that were not delivered.
- If printing with a 3rd party, no files will appear in this queue until Rev.io receives a file back from the print vendor via FTP. Once the files are received, this queue can be processed to email the rendered PDFs from the print vendor to the customer.
- If processing Auto Debit payments, go to Customers > Auto Debit Queue. Select the desired customers and click Process. Running of this queue may coincide with dates other than the Cycle Date. Typically Auto Debits are processed on a customer's due date.
Print vendor contracts are typically custom. Some agreements may support small QA samples before the final files are sent to Rev.io. Communication of those items and completion of the return process are typically handled via email between the Rev.io client and the vendor.